Monday, January 17, 2011

Painting Parody of Vincent Van Gogh's irises


This painting might be the most famous one from Vicent Van Gogh. It had many downloads from art appreciated people around the world. It is considered one of the top 10 most expensive paintings in the world. I think that gave me enough inspiration to learn some technique from the painting. As you can see from the parody I made. I could not get the color right. I don't have blue hue that Van Gogh had on Irises. His blue hue is in deep blue and gray tone; however, my blue hue is in the light and purple tone. My suspicion is that Van Gogh's blue hue may have some effects from aging. Anyway, I tried to keep the composition right and add my techniques to make the painting of my own. My brush strokes and color choices are a bit sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment